AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
December 19, 2015
Tax Increases from Harrisburg for Christmas?
After betrayal from Republican leadership in Washington, DC yesterday, will we get the same type betrayal in Harrisburg? The State Senate has already betrayed us by passing Wolf’s tax increases!
We have not waited 171 days for this! A vote is expected today in the State House on a $1.8 billion tax hike!! That is if Governor Wolf can convince enough legislators to support it. Here are the current details, but these may change as Wolf makes promises in order to obtain votes:
- Increase in the personal income tax from 3.07 percent to 3.30 percent.
- Business filing fees — The fee is in addition to the second highest corporate tax rate in the country.
- A cigarette tax increase (75 cents per pack)
- Eliminate the sales tax exemptions on digital downloads and movie tickets
- An increase in the bank shares tax thus hurting lending in PA
- The deal may also include a higher Gross Premium Insurance Tax (a tax on Homeowners Insurance), an Income Tax on Lottery Winnings and limiting the uncapped sales tax vendor discount to $300 a year (the program allows PA retailers to keep a portion of the sales tax they collect).
Click here for action steps.