For Allentown Parents, What Will Government Take Away Next?
(Harrisburg) — Last night Allentown City Council ignored scientific facts and voted unanimously to ban needed therapy for minors. According to the American Family Association of Pennsylvania (AFA of PA), this only proves they do not understand the issue, but are willing to bow to pressure from LGBT activists and ignore the needs of its own citizens with unwanted same-sex attraction (SSA). The decision leaves parents and minor children with SSA or gender confusion without hope of finding help within their own city. What therapy will city council target next?
“With the promised signature of Mayor Pawlowski today, Allentown will become a no-man’s-land to some of the very citizens who reside there. It is quite evident the mayor and city council have bought into the lie that someone can be born gay or ‘assigned the wrong gender at birth.’ All lies! No ‘gay’ gene has ever been found and according to the APA’s DSM-V, as many as 98 percent of gender confused boys and 88 percent of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty. How many parents of gender confused minors in Allentown will now be counseled to put their child on puberty blockers, thus preventing them from going through puberty and more than likely overcoming their gender confusion naturally, ” asked Diane Gramley, president of the AFA of PA.
Some points in last week’s letter to Mayor Pawlowski and City Council from the AFA of PA which they chose to ignore:
- There is no ethical or scientific reason to ban this talk therapy which has helped countless overcome feelings of unwanted same-sex attraction and gender confusion.
- Sexual orientation change therapy carries no greater risk than widely accepted therapeutic interventions.
- Denying those with unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion the therapy they desire violates their rights to health, self-determination and liberty. It denies their human rights!
- No one is born ‘gay’ or transgender. No scientific research has found a ‘gay gene.’ Everyone is born with XX or XY chromosomes which can never change. In 2008 the APA acknowledged this and instead found that sexual attractions are especially fluid and subject to change during adolescence.
- Daniel Boland, PhD: ” Those who support the denial of client-and-family rights might also wish to recall that similar legislation was passed during the 1930s in Germany . . . .”
“The ordinance to ban this needed therapy, Bill No. 40, creates a so-called Appropriate Mental Health Services Appeals Board, appointed by the mayor and confirmed by city council, which has the job of punishing counselors who are really concerned about minor clients who have unwanted SSA or gender confusion. The punishment for these compassionate counselors will be the removal of their business license. I would encourage these counselors to relocate outside the city limits of Allentown. City council nor the mayor are showing compassion, but have instead chosen to go the politically correct route which ignores science,” Gramley concluded.
# # #