For Immediate Release: January 31, 2019
Contact: Diane Gramley 814-271-9078
Drag Queen Story Hours are Inappropriate for Children
(Harrisburg) – Drag Queen Story Hours have one purpose: to indoctrinate children that they can question their biological sex — to tell them that just because one is born a boy or girl that child might have been born in the wrong body. This is dangerous propaganda perpetuated on impressionable children through Drag Queen Story Hours. The American Family Association of Pennsylvania (AFA of PA), a statewide organization which advocates for children, has contacted the library directors at the Lansdale Public Library and the Exeter Community Library where Drag Queen Story Hours are scheduled in the coming days.
“The proponents of Drag Queen Story Hours are seeking to confuse vulnerable children. Even though some have said there is no agenda, the following quotes, as well as others, tell a different story. There is a clear agenda here,” noted Diane Gramley, president of the AFA of PA.
Our communication included quotes from drag queens and excerpts from the Drag Queen Story Hour website. These included:
- “DQSH captures the imagination and play of the gender fluidity of childhood and gives kids glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models.”
- “In spaces like this, kids are able to see people who defy rigid gender restrictions and imagine a world where people can present as they wish, where dress up is real.”
- “It encourages children to look beyond gender stereotypes and embrace unfettered exploration of self.”
- John Paul Kane, aka drag queen performer, “Fay Slift,” said, “The younger we get these little kids embracing people’s identities, ethnicities and family dynamics, the more they are exposed to the fact that this is just another form of life.” Kane admits that he hopes to turn the children that he and other drag queens address into evangelists for the cause of transgenderism and other non-binary forms of self-definition.
- One of the DQSH leaders acknowledged, “Yes absolutely we are grooming children.”
“With its approval of Drag Queen Story Hours, the American Library Association is once again proving libraries are a dangerous place for children. Parents need to be aware of this most recent assault by the ALA at the Lansdale Public Library and the Exeter Community Library, ” Gramley concluded.
# # #