AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
December 2, 2019
Ask Senators Casey and Toomey to Oppose This Nominee to the Ninth Circuit
Last year President Trump announced the nomination of Patrick Bumatay to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He was recently voted out of the Senate Judiciary Committee and will go before the full Senate for a confirmation vote soon — possibly as early as this week!
The AFA of PA signed onto a letter to Senator Lindsey Graham, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, outlining concerns about Patrick Bumatay. These include the following:
- There is little evidence in his written record that, if confirmed, he would be an originalist. — Something that is needed to prove he will adhere to the Constitution as written!
- He has been a member – on and off over the past 12 years – of three liberal organizations that enjoy the use of judicial activism to implement their political agendas: DOJ Pride, Log Cabin Republicans, and the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association.
- Bumatay was a member of DOJ Pride from 2008-2009. It offers a publication for managers mandating that if an employee comes out as gay, the manager should neither judge nor remain silent. “Silence will be interpreted as disapproval.”
- Bumatay was a member of the Log Cabin Republicans (LCR) of San Diego in 2012. Still today, LCR says he would be “an excellent addition to the court” and “a triumph for the LGBT community.”
- Since 2017, Bumatay has been a member of the Tom Homann LGBT Law Association. The Association has co-authored a report explaining that the federal courts are “the gateway” to achieving its liberal political agenda. The Association also works to place like-minded people from its “community” on the federal courts to implement that activist liberal agenda.
Let’s not take a risk on this nominee.
Ask Senator Bob Casey and Senator Pat Toomey to oppose the confirmation of Patrick Bumatay to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Click here