AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
February 26, 2021
COVID Bill Would Do More For Special Interests Groups Than For Americans
According to the Daily Signal the COVID bill would:
- Adds over $14,000 per household to national debt
- Treats COVID as an Afterthought
- Massive Education Spending Will No Reopen Schools
- Opens door for taxpayer funded abortions
- Increases minimum wage to $15 (on Thursday the Senate parliamentarian said this must be dropped from the COVID-bill; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the ruling “disappointing” and said that provision will remain in the bill to be voted on February 26th.)
- Includes welfare expansions that create perverse incentives
- At least $90 billion given to pad pension plans for private-sector workers — benefiting Big Labor (could balloon t more than twice that amount!!
- Its $1400 checks to Americans would have minimal economic effect, maximum debt impact
Democrats may not have the votes they need in the Senate: Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona have voiced opposition to including the $15 minimum wage in the relief bill and other moderates have expressed concerns too.
Contact your US Rep and ask him or her to vote ‘no’ on this bloated COVID-19 relief bill, which really does little except add to our national debt, bail out misrun pension plans and open the door to taxpayer funded abortion!