AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
June 11, 2019
Yet Another Drag Queen Story Hour == this time in Delaware County
We’re sending this out to our entire list because there has been a proliferation of these Drag Queen Story Hours — especially this month! Be on the lookout in your local library!
Haverford Library in Delaware County is taking a little different approach with their event. They’ve made it into an entire “Pride Day.” June 15 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. will be the actual Drag Queen Story hour with “Ms. Baleno Canto.” But from 11:30 till 3:30 there are other “pride” events to promote the LGBT lifestyle. Additionally, from noon till 4:00 tables will be set up to provide information from LGBTQ organizations.
During the township meeting on Monday night, one member of the Board of Trustees said a one-time storyteller does not have to have a child abuse background check. Well, in Texas two Drag Queens involved in story hours were later found to be convicted sex offenders!
- No matter what the township supervisors say, the Library is listed as one of the “Township Departments” on their website and they appoint four of the seven members to the Library’s Board of Trustees. Contact the Township with your concerns at 610-446-1000.
- Contact the Haverford Library at 610-446-3082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- During Monday’s meeting, only one commissioner spoke out against the Drag Queen Story Hour. Tell Jim McGarrity thanks for his outspoken opposition to this “children’s event.” You can email him at email@example.com
- Use our two-sided info sheet to help spread the word on the dangers of this event. Click here to access it.
- Monitor your local library’s website or activities calendar to see if they plan on having a Drag Queen Story Hour..