AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
July 23, 2018
Let HHS Know If You Want Planned Parenthood Defunded!
Under the 1970 Public Health Service Act, no Public Health Service dollars “shall be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning.” That is, the bill was explicitly written to fund health care for lower-income communities—including family planning services—but not to fund or facilitate abortion. Each year, this act allocates hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to public health centers across the country.
In the 1980s, the General Accounting Office found that abortion providers were locating their non-abortion and abortion-providing services together, and just keeping two sets of books.
In response, regulations correcting this abuse of the law were implemented, and upheld by the Supreme Court. Following this, Democratic presidents who didn’t like these regs, rescinded them, leaving the abortion industry free to receive taxpayer dollars.
President Trump intends to fix this wrong by reinstating some of the prior rules. The rule he has proposed will reduce the flow of federal dollars to abortion providers by 15 percent. No, it is not as much as we want, which is 100 percent, but it’s a step in the right direction.
The rule change is open for comment until July 31st. Be forewarned that all comments are public and will be posted: “Do not include any personally identifiable information (such as name, address, or other contact information) or confidential business information that you do not want publicly disclosed. All comments may be posted on the internet and can be retrieved by most internet search engines. No deletions, modifications, or redactions will be made to the comments received. Comments may be submitted anonymously.”
Let HHS know you want taxpayer dollars cut from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. For more information go here To comment click on the green “Submit a Formal Comment” button on the right directly under the title of the page.
Here are some “Tips for Submitting Effective Comments.”
Possible points to include in your comments:
- We are supposed to be a nation of laws and under the 1970 Public Health Service Act it is illegal to give taxpayer dollars to organizations which provide abortion
- Sixty million dead babies since 1973 and I don’t want my tax dollars used to kill anymore.
- Only an uncivilized nation kills innocent babies.
- Americans should not be forced to fund the killing of innocent babies in the womb.
- Abortion is not family planning or health care, it is murder.
- It’s only common sense that Title X funding (taxpayer dollars) should be sent to women’s health centers which do no harm to women or their unborn babies.
- Title X money should not be used to line the pockets of Planned Parenthood and other corporate abortion providers.
- Polling consistently shows Americans do not want their hard-earned tax dollars used to pay for abortions.