AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
June 22, 2021
Pro-Life Bills in Harrisburg
HB 118 and HB 1500 have both passed in the State House and are now in the Senate. HB 118, the Unborn Child Dignity Act, requires the bodies of children killed by abortion or lost through miscarriage be treated in the same manner as born children who die i.e. by burial or cremation and not treated as “medical waste.” HB 1500 bans the killing of unborn babies simply because there is a Down Syndrome diagnosis.
Here’s the rundown of votes in the State House: All Republican Members, voted for both of these bills, except
– Todd Stephens (Montgomery County) who voted against both Bills; and
– Todd Polinchock (Bucks) and Wendi Thomas (Bucks) who voted against the Down Syndrome Ban Bill.
All Democrat Members voted against both of these bills, except
– Frank Burns (Cambria), Anthony DeLuca (Allegheny County), Anita Kulik (Allegheny), Mark Longietti (Mercer), Chris Sainato (Lawrence), and Pam Snyder (Greene, Fayette & Washington) who all voted for both Bills; and
– Michael Driscoll (Philadelphia), John Galloway (Bucks), Brandon Markosek (Allegheny), and Robert Matzie (Allegheny & Beaver) who all voted for H.B.1500.Yesterday the Senate Health and Human Services Committee voted HB 1500 out of committee. Here’s the committee roll call vote HB 118 has been in the Senate Health and Human Services Committee since June 11th.
- Contact your State Senator and ask him or her to vote ‘yea’ on HB 1500.
- Call Senator Michelle Brooks’ office(s) and ask her to move HB 118 forward for a committee vote. Harrisburg (717) 787-1322 and District Office (724) 588-8911.