AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
July 15, 2022
US House Seeking to Expand Abortion
A vote is expected today in the US House on these two bills:
H.R. 8296 will allow abortion-on-demand in every state if enacted into law.
If enacted, H.R. 8296 would:
- Allow an abortion at any point an abortionist deems appropriate—including late-term abortions.
- Erase current life-saving state laws like the Heartbeat Act, dismemberment abortion bans, and sex-selection abortion bans.
- Deny parents the ability to know or be involved if their daughter has an abortion.
- Ban current state laws that require in-person counseling to help prevent coerced abortions.
- Ban current state laws that require abortionists to give women information about their babies and abortion complications.
H.R. 8297 will protect abortionists and hurt women if enacted into law.
If enacted, H.R. 8297 would:
- Help human traffickers cross state lines to force their victims to have an abortion in pro-abortion states.
- Create protections for abortionists—not for women—who perform abortions on women from other states.
- Promote dangerous chemical abortion drugs.
Ask your US Representative to vote “nay” on HR 8296 and HR 8297 by clicking here