AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
May 16, 2019
Vote on Misnamed Equality Act Scheduled for Friday
This bill has nothing to do with equality and everything to do with pushing the LGBTQA++ agenda down the throats of every American. Simply put, passage of this bill would criminalize all those who believe marriage is only between one man and one woman and that men should not be allowed to use the women’s bathroom, fitting room or locker room. HR 5, the Equality Act, would amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act by striking the word “sex,” and inserting “sex, sexual orientation and gender identity” as protected classes throughout the federal code. This change would place “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” in the same protected classes as “race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”
Here are a few examples of what would happen if this becomes law:
- Racially segregated bathrooms are against the law. If HR 5 passes, bathrooms segregated by sex would be against the law.
- All schools would be required to open girls’ sports to boys who think they are girls.
- This bill specifically prevents the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 from being used to defend those with deeply held religious beliefs concerning homosexuality and transgenderism.
- The bill nullifies federal and state religious freedom protections by handing authority to the US Department of Justice to interpret and investigate claims of LGBTQ discrimination.
- It would force all schools in the nation to teach gender inclusive sex ed.
This bill is a direct assault on the First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and religion.
This is one of the most, if not the most dangerous bill every considered in the US House!
Contact your US Representative even if they are ultra-liberal, and ask him or her to vote ‘no’ on HR 5. They all need to hear from their constituents!
Call Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and tell him that if HR 5 passes in the House, not to bring it up for a vote in the Senate. His number is 202-224-2541.