AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
June 3, 2019
Erie City Council to Layout and Vote on Ordinance to Keep Kids Gay
At 9:00 a.m. on June 5th Eric City Council will be hearing a second reading and voting on Ordinance 34-2019 “An ordinance of the City Council of the City of Erie, Erie County, Pennsylvania prohibiting conversion therapy with a minor; providing a penalty for violating the ordinance; providing for the repeal of inconsistent ordinances; providing for the severability of the ordinance; and providing the effective date of the ordinance.”
So . . . just what is the purpose of this ordinance? It is to prevent parents from seeking talk therapy for their minor child with unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion. That’s right! The child would only be legally allowed to get therapy that affirms their confusion and does not allow a therapist to work with the child to find the underlying issues that are causing their unwanted feelings or confusion. The end result will leave the child hopelessly trapped with those feelings he or she wants to go away.
All city council members apparently are in full support of this discriminatory ordinance! All public testimony to this point has been made by LGBT activists and their allies. They are ignoring things like the fact: Dr. Lisa Diamond, co-editor-in-chief of the APA Handbook of Sexuality and Psychology and one of the APA’s “most respected members,” says sexual orientation is “fluid” and not unchangeable.
As clinical psychologist Dr. Laura A. Haynes summarizes Diamond’s APA Handbook chapters, her book and YouTube lectures, “The battle to disprove ‘Born that way and can’t change’ is now over, and (Diamond) is telling LGBT activists to stop promoting the myth.”
Contact Erie City Council members and ask them to vote ‘no’ on Ordinance 34-2019. Feel free to use the following talking points:
- This ordinance will take away the rights of parents to seek treatment for their children.
- The ordinance will trap children with unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion.
- It infringes on the First Amendment rights of therapists who will be fined $600 and court costs if they are found guilty of engaging in “conversion therapy.”
- Thousands have left the homosexual and transgender lifestyles.
- This ban will prevent therapists from helping children with unwanted feelings and confusion discover the underlying reasons for the confusion.
- The ordinance would prevent therapists from simply using talk therapy to help children with unwanted same-sex attraction or gender confusion; reputable therapists do not use dangerous methods in an effort to help their clients.