For Immediate Release: January 8, 2013
Contact: Diane Gramley 1.814.271.9078 or 1.814.437.5355
PA State Education Association is a “Funder” of the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network
(Harrisburg) — The American Family Association of Pennsylvania (AFA of PA), a statewide traditional values group, has contacted the president of the Pennsylvania State Education Association (PSEA) about that organization’s role as “funder” of the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN).
“GLSEN has a long record of indoctrinating kids with the false message that ‘gay is okay.’ They also have a record of exposing children to graphic material such as at the fistgate conference at Tufts University and again at a conference held at Brookline High School in Massachusetts. The PSEA should not help fund these activities which are detrimental to children,” Diane Gramley, president of the AFA of PA noted.
The letter to PSEA President Michael Crossey contained information outlining some of the dangers associated with homosexuality:
- CDC – Teens and young adults now account for more than a quarter of the new cases of HIV identified in the United States annually, and a clear majority of those cases involve young gay or bisexual men.
- the risk of HIV infection from sexual contact for men who have sex with men was approximately 150 times greater than the heterosexual male population in 2010
- According to the same CDC – the risk of lung cancer for men who smoke is 23 times greater than for men who do not smoke.
- CDC- the rate of primary and secondary syphilis among MSM is “more than 46 times that of other men and more than 71 times that of women.
- Even in countries where homosexual conduct is readily accepted, studies have shown that men who have sex with men are at higher risk of alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, major depression, and thoughts of suicide.
“The PSEA is only one of four state education associations that are “funders” of GLSEN. We specifically asked Mr. Crossey in the letter why the PSEA would take part in endangering children with GLSEN’s message. We simply want an explanation and the reasons why they are funding GLSEN – an organization which does not have the best interest of children in mind,” further stated Gramley.
# # #