April 26, 2018
Ask Senators Casey and Toomey to Vote to Confirm Pompeo Nomination
The vote on whether CIA Director Mike Pompeo will be the next Secretary of State may come as early as late afternoon today. His confirmation hangs in the balance, which is further evidence of the partisanship within the US Senate. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry each were easily confirmed, but now a Christian, pro-life, pro-natural marriage nominee is being attacked for those very beliefs and those very beliefs were viciously attacked during his confirmation hearings. Click here to watch the bizarre questioning from Senator Corey Booker (D-NJ).
Here are some highlights of Pompeo’s career:
- In September 2017, Pompeo made headlines by canceling a scheduled appearance at Harvard University. It was believed to be the result of his alma mater’s offer of a visiting fellowship to transgender “Chelsea Manning” who served a prison sentence for leaking classified information. Shortly after Pompeo and another former CIA leader canceled their appearances, Harvard rescinded its offer to Manning.
- Pompeo vehemently opposes the Iran Nuclear Deal and urges the US to walk away from it.
- Following the attacks on Benghazi, Pompeo was named to the House Select Committee on Benghazi. When the committee delivered its final report in June 2016, Pompeo co-authored a blistering addendum that blasted the failure of leadership.
- Pompeo opposes the closure of the prison at Guantánamo Bay.
- He served three terms in the US House being first elected in 2010.
Click here to ask Senator Bob Casey, Jr. and Senator Pat Toomey to vote ‘yea’ to confirm Mike Pompeo to be the next Secretary of State.