AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
November 18, 2021
Build Back Better Will Do the Exact Opposite
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi seems determined to bring this 2,468-page $1.75 trillion “Build Back Better Act” to a vote as early as this week, although some “moderate” Democrats are balking at the idea. Will Republicans help further Biden’s agenda as the thirteen who voted for the “infrastructure” bill did? Remember that bill would not have passed if those Republicans (including Brian Fitzpatrick of Bucks County) had not voted for it.
Unbelievably, the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation reports it “would not add to the federal deficit long-term.” Hmmm! The House is currently waiting for the Congressional Budget Office report.
Here’s some of what is in the “Build Back Better Act”:
- Page 1,647: removes the Social Security number requirement to obtain child tax credits. Removing this requirement could result in up to $2.3 billion in additional child tax credit payouts to illegal aliens. This is in addition to the payout to illegal families separated at the border idea floated by the Biden administration.
- $2 trillion in tax hikes will fall on Americans making under $400,000 per year.
- Allocates funds to create a more aggressive IRS to strengthen tax enforcement, expand audits and modernize information technology to support enforcement.
- Green New Deal component “Civilian Climate Corps” is in the bill, essentially creating government paid climate police!
- Raises the capital gains tax rate from 20% to 25% hurting family businesses and farms
- Page 167-169: $2.6 billion in funding for the Department of Labor, in part to pay for the increased fines for violating OSHA’s Employer Vaccine Mandate. (Thankfully under court order, OSHA has suspended enforcement of the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for now.)
- Lays out a process that includes paperwork and background checks, paving the way for obtaining travel and work permits, drivers’ licenses and state IDs for the 6.8 million illegals who entered the US before January 1, 2011.
- $555 billion has been allocated for ‘climate funds’ . . . .
And there is much much more in this so-called Build Back Better Act. As the “infrastructure” bill before it, it has little to do with building America back better and much to do with pushing a leftist agenda!
Tell your member of the US House to vote “NO” on this bill by clicking here