AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
March 5, 2021
HR 1 – Endangering America’s Free and Fair Elections
Back in 2019 even the ACLU opposed HR 1, For the People Act. In a March 2019 letter, the ACLU stated that it posed far too great a threat to free speech to justify a “yes” vote. Now strangely they are silent about the same language in this bill!
The bill, deceptively called the “For the People Act,” passed in the Democrat-controlled US House Wednesday by a vote of 220 to 210 with all GOP and one Democrat (Congressman Thompson from Mississippi) voting ‘no.’
Here’s some of what is in the bill:
- States would be forced to implement early voting, same-day voter registration, online voter registration and no-fault absentee balloting.
- States would be required to automatically register all individuals, not necessarily citizens, from state and federal databases such as state Departments of Motor Vehicles, corrections and welfare offices, federal agencies such as the Social Security Administration, Department of Labor, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- It would be a criminal offense for a state official to reject a voter registration application even when it is rejected “under color of law” because the official believes the individual is ineligible to vote.
- It would force states to accept absentee ballots received up to 10 days after Election Day, as long as they are postmarked by Election Day.
- Require states to allow “vote harvesting” — any third parties – including campaign staffers and political consultants — can pick up and deliver absentee ballots.
- Prevent election officials from checking the eligibility and qualifications of voters and removing ineligible voters.
- Ban state voter ID laws.
- Would require non-profit organizations like the AFA of PA to publicly disclose financial donors’ names to the federal government.
- Eliminate the ability of residents of specific states to make their own decisions about what rules should govern their state government officials.
- Require states to restore the ability of felons to vote.
- Require the inclusion of alien population, both legal and illegal, in all redistricting.
There’s more, but you get the idea!!
Any Congressman who voted for this bill does NOT know what the Constitution says, nor do they support free and fair elections and they do not have the best interest of the nation in mind. Now it’s in the Senate. Contact Senator Bob Casey and Senator Pat Toomey and ask them to vote ‘no’ on this clearly unconstitutional bill.