AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
November 9, 2010
Vote on Lower Merion Homosexual Special Rights Ordinance Coming
Lower Merion Township will be voting on its ‘non-discrimination’ ordinance Wednesday evening, November 10, 2010 at 6:55 p.m. at the Township Administration Bldg – 2nd Floor Board Room, 75 East Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore. Read the story here.
Click here to read the agenda.
Make sure you click on “Ordinance” under the “Administrative and Human Resources Committee.”
This ordinance impacts employment, commercial property, housing, and public accommodation.
Here are a few examples of what has happened elsewhere:
- June 2007 – Portland, OR – male registered sex offender dressed as a woman enters women’s locker room at the Mount Scott Community Center
- January 2008 – Gaithersburg, MD – man wearing a dress enters women’s locker room in the Rio Health Club
- June 2008 – Philadelphia— Man demanded to use the women’s fitting room in Kmart; clerk hesitated and entire store had to go through diversity training to become more tolerant of ‘transgenders’
- June 2008 – Cleveland, OH – man who believes he is a woman demands to use the women’s locker room at the city pool
- 2009 – Western Michigan University professor finds herself in the shower at the local health club standing next to a ‘fully equipped’ male
- 2003 – Philadelphia begins attempt to evict the Cradle of Liberty Scout Council from the headquarters they built and have maintained since 1929 on property the 1928 City Council gave them free use of in perpetuity. The reason? The Boy Scouts do not allow open homosexual leaders or members.
- A bakery in Indianapolis, IN faces eviction from a city owned building because it refused to fill a call-in order from a homosexual organization.
Will Lower Merion Township be prohibited from doing business with contractors which do not have the ‘sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression language”? This is an anti-business move on the Board of Commissioners’ part and that is on top of a proposed 12.7% real estate tax increase for the township!
And, yes, men who think they are women will be permitted in the women’s restroom and locker/shower rooms of the local pool!
1.) Contact Commission President Bruce Reed at 484-270-8451 and e-mail him at Reed.BruceD@gmail.com
2.) Contact your Commissioner by clicking here. Click on your Commissioner’s name. If you don’t know who your Commissioner is, click here.
3.) Attend Wednesday night’s meeting at 6:55 p.m. at the Township Administration Bldg – 2nd Floor Board Room, 75 East Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore.
4.) Sign our petition so we can help you deliver your concerns to the Board of Commissioners. Click here