May 24, 2017
May is Victims of Pornography Month — How’s Your Community Doing?
Many say pornography has no victims — that’s a lie!!
Did you know:
- Perpetrators use adult pornography to groom their victims
- For many perpetrators there is a progression from viewing adult pornography to viewing child porn
- Johns act out what they view in adult pornography with child prostitutes and pimps use adult pornography to instruct child prostitutes.
- Children imitate behavior they view in adult pornography with other children.
- Perpetrators use adult pornography to sexually arouse themselves.
- Addiction to adult pornography destroys marriages, and children raised in one-parent households are more likely to be sexually exploited.
- There’s not been one federal obscenity prosecution in the last eight years?
- Have you noticed there’s been increased reports of child pornography use? That’s because as illegal adult pornography (obscenity) has not been prosecuted those users have been allowed to reach their maximum “high” through viewing obscenity and now need even harder porn in order to reach the “high” they seek. The next step up in escalation is child porn! There is a direct correlation between the lack of federal obscenity prosecution and the increased number of child porn cases!
A little known secret is citizens can take steps to protect their municipalities from strip clubs and other sexually oriented businesses! Citizens can demand their local elected officials protect citizens by passing licensing and zoning ordinances to restrict these “businesses.” They cannot be banned, but action on the part of local government can restrict where they can locate and, if they move in, require them to meet certain standards. Another little secret is if a local municipality has passed one or both (preferably) of these ordinances, the owner of a sexually oriented business is less likely to locate his business there, but move to a neighboring municipality that does not have such restrictions! The AFA of PA can provide model licensing and zoning ordinances, contact us for copies.
1.) Just how much porn is available in your community? Use the AFA Pornography Awareness Survey to find out!
2.) Check out the stats on the negative impact sexually oriented businesses have on a community here
4) Pure Life Ministries is a great resource for those struggling with porn addiction.
5.) For extensive reading on this issue check out numerous Witherspoon Institute articles here