AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
March 13, 2020
National Day of Prayer
A little after 3:00 p.m. today President Trump held a news conference in the Rose Garden and declared a national emergency in response to the coronavirus outbreak. He outlined numerous steps that were being taken to address the pandemic. Those included:
- A new public-private partnership to expand coronavirus testing capabilities, including drive-thru testing sites and an online portal to screen those seeking to get tested.
- Freeing up $50 billion for state and local governments to respond to the outbreak
- Waiving interest on federally held student loans
- Directed the Department of Energy to buy oil to fill the strategic petroleum reserve
- Giving Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar emergency authority to waive federal regulations and laws to give doctors and hospitals flexibility in treating patients.
Then at 6:54 this evening he sent out a tweet declaring Sunday March 15th a National Day of Prayer: “It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these…. ….No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!”
Pray! Ask your pastor to participate in the National Day of Prayer on Sunday March 15th.