AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
February 25, 2021
Dangerous Equality Act Scheduled to be Voted on TODAY!
Today could be the first step towards making the misnamed Equality Act the law of the land. Beyond enshrining the entire LGBTQ agenda into the 1964 Civil Rights Act, it will destroy religious liberty in the US.
- It will force Christian foster care and adoption agencies to place children in same-sex or transgender households or lose their ability to operate.
- The Equality Act will force all social service organizations (i.e. women’s homeless shelters) to open up private facilities — single-sex bathrooms, showers and sleeping areas — to the opposite sex.
- Its passage will negate Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, which is supposed to guarantee women equal educational and athletic opportunities, by allowing biological males who identify as females to compete in girls/women’s sports.
- It would force medical professionals to act against their deeply held religious beliefs by forcing them to perform “gender affirmation surgery” i.e. removing healthy body parts in order to affirm the patient’s delusion that they are the opposite sex.
- Churches, Christian schools and non-profit faith groups would be forced to hire gender-confused individuals and allow them access to the restroom of their ‘preferred gender.’
- The Equality Act expressly states that the right to religious free exercise under federal law may NOT be used as a defense as it exempts itself from the Religious Freedom Restoration Act!!
This is the most radical attempt to both extend special protections to homosexuals, bisexuals and transgenders and destroy our First Amendment right to freedom of religion the Democrats have ever attempted. President Joe Biden has promised to sign the bill if it reaches his desk!
It is anticipated that HR 5, the Equality Act, will be voted on TODAY in the US House. Additionally, Senate Democrats are considering ways to skip the committees altogether and take this dangerous bill straight to the Senate floor for a voice vote.
Contact your US Representative and Senator Bob Casey and Senator Pat Toomey and ask them to vote ‘no’ on the “Equality Act.”