AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
October 31, 2019
Election Day is Just Five Days Away!
Don’t forget to check out our voter guide page on our website here
This page also contains the answers to our questions from two Allegheny County candidates (no others bothered to answer!)– Sue Means and Cindy Kirk — as well as information on Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas candidate Mary McGinley and Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas candidate Tiffany Palmer.
Here’s some additional information on the judges who are up for retention for another 10-year term:
Anne Lazarus (D) — Her website
Note: In 2009 when Anne Lazarus ran for Superior Court, she refused to answer any of AFA of PA’s voter guide questions.
During her run for the PA Supreme Court in 2015 she was endorsed by:
- Chester County Democratic Committee
- State Representative Scott Conklin, Centre County
- Mayor Elizabeth Goreham, State College
- Mayor Rick Gray, Lancaster
- Senator Daylin Leach, Montgomery and Delaware Counties
- Senator Judy Schwank, Berks County
- Jewell Williams, Philadelphia Sheriff
Judy Olson (R ) Her profile
Note: In 2009 when Judy Olson ran for Superior Court she indicated on our voter guide that US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts most closely mirrored her judicial philosophy and she considered herself a strict constitutionalist.
During her 2015 run for the PA Supreme Court, she was endorsed by:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Pro-Life
- Firearm Owners Against Crime
- Pennsylvania State Troopers Association
- Action of PA
- Fraternal Order of Police, Pennsylvania State Lodge
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Kevin Brobson (R ) His website
Note: In 2009 when Kevin Brobson ran for Commonwealth Court, he indicated on our voter guide that US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts most closely mirrored his judicial philosophy and he considered himself a strict constitutionalist. When asked whether the Roe v Wade decision was a sound judicial decision, he responded that he would set aside his personal beliefs to uphold the law.
Endorsed for retention:
- The Pennsylvania State Troopers Association
- The Pennsylvania State Lodge Fraternal Order of Police
- The Pennsylvania State Corrections Officers Association
- Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
Patricia McCullough (R) Her profile
Note: When Patricia McCullough ran for Commonwealth Court in 2009, she answered our voter guide questions indicating US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia most closely mirrored her judicial philosophy and indicated she is a strict constitutionalist. She also indicated she supports life and natural marriage.
Share the information and get out and vote on November 5th!