AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
January 24, 2024
Stop the Misnamed Equality Act
This misnamed “Equality Act” – HR 15 — violates the Establishment clause of the First Amendment! If we think attacks on Christians and Christian owned businesses have been bad since states have passed laws with sexual orientation/gender identity language, the situation will be much worse is the “Equality Act” becomes law.
The U.S. House just needs a few more votes to pass this bill, which will enact the most outrageous and expansive bill ever to come out of Congress. It will be used to force every person to fall in line with the radical LGBTQ agenda or face outrageous court fines.
This is a massive attack on people of faith. The far-reaching impact of this legislation can best be described in this short sentence: What you cannot do respecting race, you will not be able to do legally respecting LGBTQ. This bill explicitly guts religious freedom and elevates anything LGBTQ to the nation’s top priority.
This bill will do all the following:
- Biological men will have access to women’s restrooms, locker rooms, dressing rooms, showers, and nursing-mother rooms at any time, and they will be able to stay as long as they please.
- Cross-dressers could demand to be greeters, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and other roles in the church.
- Pastors would be forced to officiate same-sex ceremonies.
- Religious establishments would be forced to host same-sex so-called marriage ceremonies and even baby showers or lose tax-exempt status for noncompliance.
- Churches and religious schools would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBT conduct, even for visible positions of authority, and give them complete access to all children, even in the restrooms.
- Churches and religious colleges will lose tax-exemption and accreditation if they do not bow to this radical agenda.
- If taking overnight trips with children, including sports or mission trips for schools or churches, you will not be able to separate people sleeping in the same room by biological gender.
- Religious schools would be forced to hire professors and staff who are LGBTQ activists. Staff will be forced to use “preferred pronouns” and assign biological males to the girls’ dorms.
- From kindergarten, children will be taught that they can choose their gender and will be encouraged to experiment with each other.
- Organizations that support the right of self-determination and the right to provide talk therapy that speaks the truth about sexual orientation and gender identity and the ability to leave those lifestyles would likely be outlawed. Even now we see bans on talk therapy in some cities and states.
- It will force Christian foster care and adoption agencies to place children in same-sex or transgender households or lose their ability to operate.
- Specifically the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 would be repealed!
- The Equality Act will force all social service organizations (i.e. women’s homeless shelters) to open up private facilities — single-sex bathrooms, showers and sleeping areas — to the opposite sex.
- It would force medical professionals to act against their deeply held religious beliefs by forcing them to perform “gender affirmation surgery” i.e. removing healthy body parts in order to affirm the patient’s delusion that they are the opposite sex.
- If the above isn’t bad enough, there’s more:
- HR 15 also applies to “pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition.” “Pregnancy treatment,” in the eyes of the bill’s authors, includes the “right” to abort the child. Every state law will be preempted. No parental notice or consent, informed consent — no restrictions whatsoever on abortion from fertilization to birth.
- ALL hospitals, medical providers, pharmacists, employers, and insurance companies will be forced to participate in chemical and surgical abortions. And abortions will be federally funded.
Contact your US Representative and ask him or her not to support HR 15 – the Equality Act. Click here to contact.