AFA of PA ACTION ALERT
October 20, 2021
Tell Senators Casey and Toomey to Vote ‘No” on This Radical Nominee
President Biden has nominated Catherine Lhamon to serve as the Assistant Secretary for the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) at the US Department of Education. This isn’t her first time in that role! She served in that position under President Obama’s Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. Arne Duncan wrote a glowing op ed about Catherine Lhaman in thehill.com on July 12.
Here’s some of her views and what she did while in that position in the Obama administration:
- Interprets the word “sex” in Title IX to include ‘gender identity’
- Believes it is okay for males who identify as female to use girls/women’s bathrooms, showers and locker rooms
- In 2016 she issued a ‘Dear Colleague” letter to schools threatening to withhold funding if they did not allow boys in girls’ bathrooms, locker/shower rooms; allow boys who identify as girls to be housed with girls on away sporting events or other school trips; required the use of the ‘correct pronouns/names’ of students who identify as the opposite sex even though their school records still maintain their correct given name.
- Christian colleges and universities could request a religious waiver from these radical policies, but in order to place pressure on these schools to comply she began an online target list of these schools which requested to be opted out of her radical interpretation of Title IX. Religious liberty is obviously something she does not support!
- She stated that the Department of Education would “vigorously enforce Title IX’s prohibition against discrimination on the basis of sex, including gender identity, in every applicable school.” NOTE: it is quite clear that the writers of Title IX never intended for boys to be allowed in girls’ bathrooms, showers and locker rooms or allowed to stay in the same hotel rooms as girls during away sporting events or other school trips.
This is the person that Joe Biden has nominated to be part of the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights!! On October 7th her nomination advanced and now goes to the full Senate for a final vote.
Click here to ask Senator Bob Casey and Senator Pat Toomey to vote ‘nay’ on the confirmation of Catherine Lhamon to serve as the Assistant Secretary for the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Education.